CPP & FPC Information
Are you, as a Payroll Professional, interested in obtaining the Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) designation? Or, have you just entered the Payroll Profession and would like to receive your Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC)?
The Greater Milwaukee Chapter of the American Payroll Association holds free CPP/FPC Study Groups to help Current Members of our chapter prepare for the examinations.
If you are interested in Participating in a CPP/FPC Study Group please email us your name, Certification for
Study: CPP or FPC and Testing Cycle
Spring or Fall – Study Group Request – click here
The CPP Certification Exam is for those Payroll Professionals who have met one of the three criteria listed on the National APA Website. Once you have determined if you are eligible for the CPP Certification Exam there are several ways to prepare yourself for the exam:
- Sign up for a CPP/FPC Study Group at our Local Chapter
- Attend some APA Payroll Seminars to review Payroll and Tax Compliance areas that you don’t work with on a regular basis and to review the current law and regulations
- Purchase Payroll Reference Material to use for review
The FPC Certification Exam is open for Entry-level Payroll Professionals, and for those who work with the Payroll Profession such as Payroll Service Provider Professionals/Consultants, Payroll Systems Specialists, etc (seeNational APA Website for complete list of those eligible). For those who are just beginning to work in the Payroll Profession the FPC Certification can be used as a stepping stool to achieving the CPP certification (see Criteria 3 for the CPP Exam Eligibility). To prepare for the FPC Certification Exam you can:
- Sign up for a FPC/CPP Study Group at our Local Chapter
- Attend some APA Payroll Fundamental Courses and training materials.
- Print out the FPC Examination Handbook. This Handbook will provide you with all the general information needed to prepare for the exam along with a PFC Content Outline in Appendix A of the Handbook.
The Following Training tools can be used for preparing for either the CPP or FBC Exam are available through the National APA Website:
For information regarding testing dates, please visit the American Payroll Association.
Noreen and Kathy,
First let me say “Thank you” for being willing to teach the study group. I know it is a personal commitment on your parts and I want you to know I so appreciate it. I went home last night feeling so energized from our first meeting, so much so, I feel it yet today. I also wanted to say to both of you (for what it’s worth) I was so impressed by your personal confidence levels ….passing the exam looks great on both of you!!!!
– M. Van Lieshout
For approval of non-APA programs attended, contact APA’s Certification Department at email@example.com call (210) 226-4600, ext. 2238 or 2312.